Post CA quasi hedonistic lifestyle and now reality hits...
4&1/2 weeks of notes to cover
never been this badly in debt before!
Great to see the whole gang at Sam's place.
Memoirs of a Geisha that Char lent was captivating, but oh so sad at the beginning, you feel like blaming men for the sex industry that exists and the way women are exploited. On this note, sometime back, there was a report that the Japanese were quite upset at the novel.. that the Caucasian writer had sensationalised and it isn't like how its depicted in the book. Since the movie is coming out and I knew that Gong li was acting as Matsumomo I suppose and Zi Yi as Chiyo, that's how I imagined the characters look like. Don't you find it queer that the actresses are Chinese when they're supposed to be Japanese?
4&1/2 weeks of notes to cover
never been this badly in debt before!
Great to see the whole gang at Sam's place.
Memoirs of a Geisha that Char lent was captivating, but oh so sad at the beginning, you feel like blaming men for the sex industry that exists and the way women are exploited. On this note, sometime back, there was a report that the Japanese were quite upset at the novel.. that the Caucasian writer had sensationalised and it isn't like how its depicted in the book. Since the movie is coming out and I knew that Gong li was acting as Matsumomo I suppose and Zi Yi as Chiyo, that's how I imagined the characters look like. Don't you find it queer that the actresses are Chinese when they're supposed to be Japanese?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home