A smile
Today I re-experienced first hand the power that a smile wields.
I crossed the room to the counter where the receptionists sat. "Hi, could I extend the dateline for my package?" *smile*
"We only extend it if the client has an m.c or has been abroad. What is the reason for your extension?" she asked while she took my card.
"I had exams." (didn't want to lie)
"I'm sorry, we only extend it if the client has an m.c or has been abroad," she repeated adamantly.
"Oh.. But the exams are important," I said as a warm, sweet smile spread across my face and her expression softened.
She looked thoughtfully at the card and went to cater to another person with a more pressing problem, while I looked nonchantly at the schedule till she returned with my card and said," I've extended your dateline till xx/xx, (which was longer than I wanted to ask for) and that's the most I can do for you." :)
At that moment I realised once again how a few of my long-time girl pals always manage to get things their way. Mind you that was a lady I talked to yet it worked but I definitely won't do that sweet smiley thing if it was a guy. I can't bring myself to do that. That's just NOT me.
Girls...sugar and spice and everything nice
I crossed the room to the counter where the receptionists sat. "Hi, could I extend the dateline for my package?" *smile*
"We only extend it if the client has an m.c or has been abroad. What is the reason for your extension?" she asked while she took my card.
"I had exams." (didn't want to lie)
"I'm sorry, we only extend it if the client has an m.c or has been abroad," she repeated adamantly.
"Oh.. But the exams are important," I said as a warm, sweet smile spread across my face and her expression softened.
She looked thoughtfully at the card and went to cater to another person with a more pressing problem, while I looked nonchantly at the schedule till she returned with my card and said," I've extended your dateline till xx/xx, (which was longer than I wanted to ask for) and that's the most I can do for you." :)
At that moment I realised once again how a few of my long-time girl pals always manage to get things their way. Mind you that was a lady I talked to yet it worked but I definitely won't do that sweet smiley thing if it was a guy. I can't bring myself to do that. That's just NOT me.
Girls...sugar and spice and everything nice

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home